PDA

View Full Version : Unblocking sunroof drain pipes

yt_106_quiksilver
17-07-2007, 09:30
As title is there any easy way to do this? i have put wire down but its still not unblocked it? any help please im bored of getting wet :o:(

Tommmmo
17-07-2007, 13:08
The way i sorted mine out was to take out the sunroof and to just keep poking something down the pipes until it became clear. If you can hold of it try compressed air in a can or something.

mikey_b
17-07-2007, 13:38
suck (mingin i know) all the crap out and spit it out.

yt_106_quiksilver
17-07-2007, 17:41
Would a air gun do the trick?

Also i would like to know would these being blocked cause the floor under the carpet to get wet? As i have found its soaked under there!

scotty89
17-07-2007, 20:13
when ya say leakin at sunroof dose it come dwn in the corner near the driver door cos i have the same prob sometimes nd this may sort my prob out too:)

rich106
17-07-2007, 21:04
do the s1 have them and if so where lol

yt_106_quiksilver
18-07-2007, 06:48
On mine the water was coming through the handle, really want to get it sorted now lol going to try again today!

pugley106
18-07-2007, 08:14
I had the same problem, my sunroof was'nt closed properly

AlecQuiksilver
18-07-2007, 08:38
My sunroof drain pipes were blocked and I tried loads of things to fix it, in the end I decided I was going to take the sunroof off, as I was removing all the screws I pulled down the front part of the sealing inside the car after undoing all the screws on the sun visor etc to get it down. Then you get to see the sunroof drain pipe, its a rubbery pipe. My passenger side pipe was blocked which caused my sunroof to leak, I knew it was the passenger one as I had a puddle on the passenger side drain in the sunroof. So once I got to this pipe I pulled it off and tried to blow down it, I couldn't get any air to go through so I went and got my bike pump :D. I put the bike pump part into the rubber pipe and got my dad to hold it tight so the air wouldn't back fire out. I started pumping and then it cleared my pipe and now my sunroof doesn't leak anymore. Just beware when pulling your drain pipe off, the puddle in your sunroof will obviously run through onto your interior (I forgot this would happen lol and my interior got soaked).

Anyway hope this helps.

yt_106_quiksilver
18-07-2007, 10:01
I just done the above with the lasy method lol (electric pump) it got to 20psi then went back down to 0, water is now running down there, but where is the water ment to come out? on the drivers side its coming out from the sill and on the pasengers side its now coming out from the wheel arch?

AlecQuiksilver
18-07-2007, 15:58
i think they usually drip out down the back of the front wheel arches for each side

pug_ste
18-07-2007, 19:14
alright i have this prob with the water dripping onto the drivers side could this be the sunroof or is it a diff prob its only now n then i can wash my car and not get nothing but when its left out in the lovly rain were having it seems to come thru

any ideas , suggestions

scotty89
18-07-2007, 21:07
I just done the above with the lasy method lol (electric pump) it got to 20psi then went back down to 0, water is now running down there, but where is the water ment to come out? on the drivers side its coming out from the sill and on the pasengers side its now coming out from the wheel arch?

lol may try it:)

Marv
18-07-2007, 21:20
i had this problem, i blew the air guna dwn it and everything still not unblocked, so i decided i needed to get to it do have a look, started taking a couple of dashboard screws out and it turned out two of the screws holding the dashboard in had pinned the pipe agaist something when they had been tightened before i had it maybe even from new, solved the problem completely when i put back in the correct place

notts106gti
18-07-2007, 23:30
They are supposed to drain out of a hole in the sill near the jacking points This can sometimes be accidentally closed while jacking the car up so theyre worth checking by pouring water onto the sunroof.

PugSte - Its probably the drain backing up and water running along the roof lining and into the car through the ultrasonic (alarm) sensor. This happened to me and funnily enough it was because the drain got stuck in behind the dash like Marv said! Oh the joys of owning French cars! :)

notts106gti
18-07-2007, 23:32
As title is there any easy way to do this? i have put wire down but its still not unblocked it? any help please im bored of getting wet :o:(

Oh and to answer the original question. The compressed airgun is your friend in this situation ;)

Marv
18-07-2007, 23:41
the joys indeed! lol

yt_106_quiksilver
19-07-2007, 06:25
so where do the drain pipes actually run then?

Also how come on side comes out behind the wheel and the drivers side comes out of the sill?

notts106gti
19-07-2007, 22:24
On the ones ive done, the drains run down the A pillar into the sills on both sides. There is a drain hole in each sill